Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Very productive day

Malmö, sweden

Weather: Windy, cloudy, 12 C (later on, rain)

Woke up around 7am when my parents got up but dozed off and didnt get up till my alarm went off at 9am. Got quickly ready as I had to be at the jobcenter around 10am. My dad decided to go with me as Im not very good at getting what I want, which in this case was making sure I get government money after having worked in the UK. We rode our bikes there and I was trying hard to keep up with my dad which left me very leg shaken and faint feeling when I got off the bike! God Im unfit...
It took a while once we were there as there were loads of people but got to speak to someone eventually. Its funny how the jobcenter in London is so different from the one in Sweden. Here you get treated with respect and friendly manners while in London, you get treated like complete shit. Well that's how it works in Hackney anyway, but there they do tend to treat people like animals...as most people seem to be just that..."animals". Anyway, I should get government money as long as I have all the right documents to prove I have worked...and I obviously have to try and get a job in the meantime but even a bar job over here you need at least 3 years bartender education. So Im pretty fucked. :o)
After the jobcenter I was trying to get online but the net was down for some reason so I was going mad, not knowing what to do with myself! Eventually I decided to bake some chocolate muffins for my mums birthday as we are having relatives over and I have offered to take care of everything. Shame I cant eat them myself...they looked very yummy indeed.
Then I had my dinner with the rest of the family and after that myself and Rebecca tried going to the gym. We have a gym in the neighbourhood, 9 people have keys and are responsible for keeping it open at certain times, which they arent really doing so it was closed and we went for a bit of a walk instead. Since then I have just been chilling with family, watching some telly and planning my mums birthday party and helping my brother out with some english essay.
Its rather late now, I was going for a shower but apparently its not allowed this late. Jaysus...not easy to come back to living with your parents when you are used to having a shower, eating whatever and whenever you want or going to bed and getting up when you like...now I cant do any of that. Kinda sucks!
I've had a bad "miss Leon Day" today...probably cos we havent been able to speak as he's been to college and then straight to work. Well Im knackered, didnt get a lot of sleep last night so Im gonna have an "early" night, have quite alot to do tomorrow, including getting my mum another birthday pressie, cleaning house, organising the party as well as making a cake and stuff.
Oh by the way, I have seen loads of cheap last minute trips to the sun at the moment, cos the weather is so crap they are gonna go very quick and im worried I wont be able to go on one this year and it looks like we wont have much of a summer...I need sun god dammit! (Baaaaby, can we go on hols now? Pleeeease?!?!?!)
G'night people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home